Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Family Christmas

Kaitlyn was officially introduced to my (Ben's) family yesterday. Everyone had a great time - especially Kaitlyn! The family Christmas celebration was delayed so that we could attend with Kaitlyn. We arrived at my parents around 12:30 shortly before the rest of the gang arrived. Kaitlyn slept on the hour drive over and was a little shy as she woke up. As more and more kids arrived, she started to perk up.

I should take a minute to explain. I am the youngest of four children and my siblings have seven children among them. The youngest is 18 months and the oldest is in college. Five of them are 9 or younger. All of them came to celebrate family Christmas and to meet Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn opened up as the kids came in - it was just amazing to watch! About a half an hour after everyone was there, she was running around and playing as if she had known everyone since she was born. Kaitlyn let Maddy (age 9) pick her up and carry her around at will. She is the first person other then Renee hold her. There are so many things that I could say about yesterday, but I think we can sum it up by saying that it was a perfect family day and Kaitlyn fit right in. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

The "Gang" aka Family

In the Kitchen Running around.

Playing with the nieces (and nephew).

Presents

Scoping out the premises

Trying to Hug Oliver

Her first present opening (from JIMI G)

Maddy holding Kaitlyn


Kaitlyn, Maddy and Gabby

3 comments:

  1. Soo much love in that Antrim family! What a wonderful idea to wait on Christmas. Kaitlyn is a lucky child, but so should all children be and so often that is not what we see. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Wish we could all get together more often. Maddy loved the photo of her and Kaitlyn, and Gabriella asked to see the blog over and over ("Kaitlyn! Kaitlyn! Kaitlyn!")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure Kaitlyn was trying to hug Oliver in that photo? I think she was knocking him over so she could take the green ring. She did, after all, clunk Bella in the head.

    ReplyDelete