Monday, December 14, 2009

New Well Baby Checkup

On Friday we received a new well baby check up for Kaitlyn. She is now 29.2" and weighs in at a hefty 18.5lbs. She gained a pound last month!! She is running & playing like any healthy 15 month old.

The check up also contained 2 great pieces of news:

First, unknown to us they did the test for Fanconis anemia and the results came back negative. The possibility of Kaitlyn have the disease is what stopped the process cold in late June and early July. Ben & I were fairly confident she didn't have the disease as a geneticist that she saw in July didn't feel the test was necessary. It is so nice that a decision you made on faith & raw gut instinct is proven to be correct.

Second, on the form it stated that when Kaitlyn's foster mother asks her where her Mom is Kaitlyn goes & gets the photo album that we sent her. This made me just burst out into tears. I'm getting all teared up just thinking about it. I can only hope that this will help ease her adjustment as Ben & I will look sort of familiar.

2 comments:

  1. Ben and Renee,

    This is fabulous news. I am so glad for Kaitlyn's healthy report. What a beautiful thing that she knows that you are Mom. I hope the call comes today! I love the blog to keep us all informed. Thanks for sharing.

    Jen Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you! I can't wait to meet her!

    Kate & Andy

    ReplyDelete