Friday, December 18, 2009

TRAVEL CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you say finally?! After almost 4 long months since our paperwork was submitted & 5 months since Kaitlyn was matched with us we have received the long awaited travel call.

Kaitlyn had her visa interview on 12/10, this is the last step before the travel call. Since 12/11 I have been staring at my cell phone waiting for it to ring to no avail.

Today I come back from our department Christmas gift swap & shee that someone is leaving me a message. Nothing comes up. Since I figured we were not going to get our travel call today I called Betsy at our adoption agency & left a fairly pathetic voicemail saying that Ben & I have come to the end of our rope and could she tell us anything. Little did I know that as I was leaving the message Betsey was on the phone with Ben telling him we had our travel call. A few minutes later my work phone rings & it's Ben. Ben's first words to me are "PACK YOUR BAGS". After a huge sound of shock I yell out "We got our travel call!". My whole department cheered & began clapping. There were many hugs & well wishes after that.

We are planning on leaving Christmas day and returning on New Years Day. We are going to have a fabulous Christmas and Ben is getting the best birthday present ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment