So Ben & I were up fairly early this morning & decided to head over to Gyeongbokgung Palace and the National Folk Museum of Korea. Feeling brave on a large breakfast & a good night sleep we decided to brave the Seoul subway system. We actually did pretty well, the metro is fairly easy to use & marked well in English. The weather is COLD, about 18 degrees right now at 5pm. I'm so glad we bought our wool coats & cold weather gear. The palace is amazing and we had the best guide on the english tour. She was just too cute! She ended just about every thought with "like that". We had a great tour & learned alot. After the tour we headed over the the National Folk Museum to look around & warm up. Interesting museum with lots of great exhibits.
Upon leaving the folk museum we made a bit of discovery, it was SNOWING. It wasn't just flakes but coming down at a pretty good clip. Needless to say it cut our plans to walk around the palace short. Right now it is snowing pretty hard and the traffic has just come to a crawl. I want to know who's idea it was to put marble tiles in a subway station in a city that snows. It was crazy slippery coming out of the station. The streets are lined with all sort of shops and food vendors. Lots of meat on a stick.
Below our hotel in the Times Square Mall. It is enourmous. Ben & I got pretty turned around & had to leave the mall to find the entrance to the hotel. We are going to go down in a few minutes and explore a little. So far we have found Pizza Hut, Krispy Kreme, Baskin' Robbins and TGIFridays,Dunkin Donuts in the way of American food.
Tomorrow morning at 10:30 we will meet Kaitlyn for the first time. I so excited and nervous about this. I just don't want her to freak out when she meets us but then again I don't want to freak out when I meet her. I can't believe that we are half away around the world & so close to end of a very long journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is WONDERFUL to read - I can really picture it!
ReplyDeleteBig difference from two months ago! Good luck tomorrow - it'll be awesome. Tell DJ we said hello and happy b-day to Ben.
ReplyDeleteR -