Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We have our daughter!!!

We went to Holt for our 9:30 appointment and were around a half hour early (same as for our first interview). As we walked in we walked by the foster mother who had just dropped off Kaitlyn for her last doctor check-up. I had to visit the men's room so I went up the stairs. When I came back down, Renee and the foster mother were sharing a group hug/cry. It seemed to me that this expressed our gratitude and thanks as well as anything could.




Waiting for Kaitlyn at Holt...
The foster mother gave us many great gifts - Kaitlyn obviously the best. We also have two photo albums and a professional bi-fold photo and a DVD of pictures. We have pictures of her tol (first birthday) and her Hanbok. She looks absolutely gorgeous! She grabbed a stethescope so she is destined to be a doctor. The Hanbok was also included. We feel so blessed to have so many important items showing her life to date.



The foster mother gave us Kaitlyn shortly after to much crying (by all parties). She cried through most of the taxi ride and fell asleep on Renee toward the end. She slept into the hotel and was ogled over by the hotel staff. This is the first picture from the hotel - she likes her pacifier!


Happy mommy!


Waking up and preparing for the next round of crying. She was letting us know how she felt for the next couple of hours until she fell asleep again - only on Renee. She has a very cute little snore!!!






9 comments:

  1. This is so amazing, I am so happy for you both!
    I can't stop crying, the pictures of you with Kaitlyn are just beautiful.

    We are so looking forward to meeting her! Best of luck on the plane home!
    Cheryl, Rich & Chase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's been a long time coming. Now that you've made me cry I think I'll go wake up Gabriella for a hug! It must feel amazing to have your family together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about you showing her this blog and all the pictures over and over again at various stages of her development. Not every child is as wanted and worked for as this one has been and will be. Your entire story, and it is ongoing, is a blessing for all of us!
    Love, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutly glowing and I can sense from the blog how happy Ben is.You guys waited so long for her and now she is yours. One journey is over and another begins. Can't wait to put my arms around you both and have alittle cry. Daddy was on the edge of tears himself. We love you all. I remember the feeling when they put a little brown-eyed bundle in my arms. It is the best feeling in the world!! Love Momma and Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME-AWESOME-AWESOME. You finally made it to the end of a long, long journey. It's got to feel like a 1,000 lb. weight being lifted from your shoulders. We'll crack some bubbly in your honor tonight. Best Wishes to the Antrim Family!!! With Love, Dave and Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! The first few days/weeks/months are tough, but so rewarding too.
    Some time when things settle down for you guys, I would love to know how your experience with Holt was.
    But in the meantime, enjoy EVERY moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another from Momma. The picture of you and Kaitlyn reminded me of every woman who has endured a long hard labor and now has her baby,tired,but truly ,truly happy. I have seen that same smile over the years and now see it on my own little girl. I love you sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete